The Best BBQ Party Food Ideas and Recipes
Barbeques are the best outdoor parties and you must make sure your family and friends enjoy their time by preparing the best bbq party food. Are you wondering what to prepare during your oncoming bbq party? Worry less as this bbq party food and recipes guide will give you all the ideas you are looking for.
When preparing your bbq food, you can choose to cook the food using the regular recipes or go overboard and spice up everything. It’s your BBQ so don’t be shy to bring out some of your favourite flavours. Bbq party food can be categorized into mains, side dishes and drinks and you have the freedom to prepare anything for these food categories. Keep in mind when you don’t want to cook yourself, you can alway contact a BBQ Caterer who will prep, cook & even clean up your event
This bbq party food and recipes guide has various main and side dishes with recipes you can easily follow.
Getting started with the Proteins
BBQ Atlantic Salmon
You can use any fish for your BBQ grill but Atlantic Salmon is preferred and there is a reason for that- it can stand the high grill temperatures without losing its flavor. The Salmon can be prepared as steak, cutlet or as fish fillets.
- First, dry the fish by wiping it with a paper towel; once dry, brush it with melted butter and set it aside.
- For the dry marinade, combine all your spices, including salt, garlic powder, onion powder, sweet paprika, dried basil, ground oregano and dried thyme.
- Sprinkle the dry marinade over the dried-buttered fish.
- Finally, cook this on a lightly oiled grill for about 10 minutes. Turn only once, at half the cooking time and your BBQ fish will be ready.
Grilled chicken is one of the easiest meals to prepare for a barbeque party. This mouthwatering meal will serve you best with the great flavors of the spices added. At Graz’n Gourmet, we have a few BBQ catering chicken items on our menu. Remember marinating your chicken here is important for the BBQ flavours.
- The first step is to wash the chicken with water, then prick it using a fork.
- Prepare the marinade on a large bowl consisting of garlic paste, rosemary, ginger paste, black pepper, powdered onion, cumin powder, coriander powder and salt. Stir the ingredients until they make a wet blend.
- Apply the wet blend to the chicken, cover and then refrigerate for 8 hours.
- After refrigerating, preheat the oven at 190⁰ C and then place the chicken’s marinated pieces on the grilling tray. Allow the chicken to cook for one hour and ensure to turn at half the cooking time.
-To check if it is cooked, take one piece, cut it with a knife, and then taste.
Smoked BBQ Pork
Barbeque pork is one of the most delicious meals to cook for your barbeque party. It can be flavored in many ways and served with various side dishes such as roasted sweet potatoes, potato wedges and sautéed green beans.
- First, slice the pork into ¼ inch slices (boneless pork is preferred).
- Marinate the sliced pork in garlic, salt, onions, dry mustard, ketchup, pepper and brown sugar, then cover for a minimum 1hr.
- Cook until the meat is tender for about 8 hours at low heat while stirring occasionally.
Well-cooked beef will always woo your taste buds and is a great barbeque party food.
- Cut the meat into thin medium slices, then place in a slow greased cooker.
- Combine your marinade by mixing brown sugar, mustard, green pepper, onion, garlic powder, ginger powder, salt and barbeque sauce.
- Pour the marinade over the meat, cover and cook at low heat for about 8 hours. Once the roast is tender, remove it and shred it using a fork, then return it to the slow cooker and heat gently for another 20 minutes and it will be ready to serve.
BBQ Hot Dogs
This is the fastest and easiest barbeque party food that is definitely worth a shot.
- Heat sliced onions and butter in a saucepan until tender, then add sugar, ketchup, celery, lemon juice, mustard, lemon juice, and cook to boil. Once it has boiled, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Cut slits on each side of the hot dog, pour in the sauce over the hot dogs, then cover and bake for 45 minutes at 350⁰C. When ready, serve on buns.
You can choose different side dishes for your barbeque party, depending on preference. Here are some ideas:
Creamy mayo-less coleslaw
This is prepared simply by shredding cabbages then adding a little bit of cream and malt vinegar to dress them. For a creamier salad, more dressing should be used.
This can be made using well-baked potatoes dressed in bacon, green onions, mayonnaise, sour cream, and cheddar cheese. The potato salad can be varied using different ingredients such as peas, eggs, celery and carrots.
Broccoli bacon salad
You can make a Broccoli bacon salad by mixing chopped broccoli and chopped baked bacon the dressing the two with a mixture of mayonnaise, vinegar, and sugar. The salad should be first refrigerated for one hour before serving.
The above recipes provide basic dishes, both main and sides, for your barbeque party. Try out any of the recipes and food ideas and you will have the best BBQ party ever. With the recipes, you can vary the ingredients to fit your likings and your guests’ needs. Don’t forget to add a few drinks as a round-up to the delicious foods you prepare.
Though don’t limit your BBQ to just the mains. You can explore BBQ Grazing stations, Buffets and Dessert stations to suit a BBQ theme event. Check out how Graz’n Gourmet BBQ Catering Services can help you in your next event.